NFP Lawyers is a specialist boutique law practice providing legal support to the not for profit sector.
We identify issues and risk areas, offer practical advice and assistance for issues affecting not for profit organisations and social enterprises.
We have worked with a diverse range of not for profit organisations and social enterprises, from community groups and associations to companies limited by guarantee. Our clients have come from various areas of Australia and undertake a wide range of activities and services.
We aim to provide specialist legal support which is also cost effective.
- Advice on appropriate legal structure
- Preparation of governance documents
- Advice on governance and compliance with directors’ duties
- Advice on regulatory compliance – ASIC, ACNC, State Offices, ATO
- Preparation of taxation endorsements/exemptions
- Advice on intellectual property protection strategies – copyright, trade marks (national and international), domain names,confidentiality
- Advice on privacy and FOI compliance
- Advice on funding/grant agreements, sponsorship agreements
- Advice on property and commercial transactions